Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008!!

Wow! That sounds so futuristic. It's amazing how the older you get, the faster the time seems to go by. We celebrated last night with friends and since we were at a club, we managed to all actually stay awake until midnight. We had a good time dancing and I especially found it interesting to watch people. I haven't been to a "club" in a very long time. Let me just say that young people are way less inhibited than we were at their age. As I sat there and watched some of them doing what they were doing in their enebriated state, it should not surprise any of them if they find themselves on You Tube some time in the future. There were digital cameras everywhere and those who didn't have a camera, had their camera phone. After toasting the new year in we came home and were in bed by 1 am. I had just gotten to sleep when the phone rings. OMG who calls someone at 1:30 am?! Someone must have died! I answer it and it's Lucas. "Mom, I didn't wake you up did I?" He and Angel and my brother and his wife went on a dinner cruise on Lake Union and watched the fireworks in Seattle from the boat. How fun. They were all calling from the boat. Maybe next year we'll go to Seattle for New Years and do that. Hmmm.

I haven't made any resolutions. I never keep them anyway so this way I don't have to worry about failing at them. I am looking forward to this next year. I am on my 3rd quilt now, got a new sewing machine for Christmas, and I'm signed up for some classes. I'm having fun with it and can't wait to start the classes.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and the the New year brings you endless blessings.

No comments: