Saturday, January 19, 2008

Vacation's over

I've just sort of kicked back since Christmas. Took a couple of weeks and relaxed a little. In my relaxation mode I read 4 books and made 3 quilts. How fun! I got a new sewing machine for Christmas so I HAD to sew! I made another throw so now I have one for the sofa and one for the love seat. I sent those to my aunt in Oregon to machine quilt for me. She called today and said they are done and she is mailing them back on Tuesday. I can't wait to see them. When I get them back I just have to sew on the binding on them and they will be done. I also made a small table topper of Christmas fabrics and I took a class in machine quilting and quilted that one myself, since it was small. It turned out very nice. And...just today, I finished piecing together the top for a queen sized comforter for the bed in our guest room. I need to sew on the borders and send it to Cecilia to quilt for me. It is way too big for me to do on my machine. With each one I've done, I've gotten better at it and I am surprised (as is the rest of my family) that I love doing it. I guess that is because I love doing puzzles and putting a quilt together is like doing a puzzle. It is fun to watch the patten come together. When I get the two back from my aunt, I will post pictures of them.

So...back to work. The choir has come back together and we are working on our Easter musical. It is a smaller group than was in the tree choir but that is OK.. I don't need 80 for this. I have 40 and I might hit 50 but that is a good sized group for and indoor choir. We will sing the program for 2 service on Easter.

We will be having quite a bit of company for the next couple of months. Different people coming and going but a fun time to spend with friends and family. It is the peak of the tourist season here so it is very busy. My brother and his wife are coming for a visit in April and I am very excited about that!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I'd love to see pictures of the quilts when you finish them!

Christy said...

I can't wait to see the quilts! I've made a couple of quilts, and I love sewing together the pieces to make the top, but after that I hate the rest.

Quilts are so pretty. I'm glad you enjoy doing it!