Monday, October 08, 2007

On with the hunt?

While I should be recruiting more people to sing in the choir, I am going off this morning to interview a couple donkeys. I need that special donkey. The one who doesn't mind being groped by lots of kids, 22,000 flashing lights, loud music, fire, traveling, etc. He will also need an owner willing to let him play the role of Mary's donkey. Who wouldn't want their beloved donkey to get to carry the mother of the Savior of the world?! I'm going to take my camera so I can show you all pictures of the candidates, now that I figured out the picture thing.

Last night was fun. After a very quiet summer in the neighborhood, things are picking up and it is great to have our friends come back. We all ate too much but that was our intention. I'll be stopping off for my workout at Contours before I visit my first donkey. Really though, I'll probably be doing a lot of walking on my search so maybe I could skip the gym? Yea, probably not. I'll probably just walk from my car to the corral fence and gaze into the pen at the critter.

Back to last night ... while we are very happy to see out friends back, you should see the dogs! My three dogs are thrilled to have Beau back. And to top their evening off...their pal Scruffy was walking his daddy by and got to stop and say hi too. They all were so excited. We could all learn a lesson from the dogs. They are oblivious to the fact that they are all different breeds and colors. They just don't notice. Too bad people can't just see each other as the brothers and sisters we really are. After all, it all started with Adam & Eve.

No comments: